Where should we buy a house in Athlone?

Finding a house to buy is a big deal. We should consider not only the price, but location, security, amenities are also important. Can you guys share your experiences on where should we buy a house in Athlone, with a budget from 150k-180K, 2beds+?

AFAIK, these are the areas to consider:

If you are ok with apartments, then i would suggest Silver Quay, Ardri(pretty old, but central location), Bastion quay. It would fit in your budget. But, if you are looking for houses, then it’s hard to get it within the town.

Coosan is a nice place to bring up your family. Open areas, lots of greenery,parks , schools like Coosan national school or even Cornamaddy school. But, it is a little far from the town center and if you have to commute to Dublin either via Train/Bus, then you will have to walk/cycle for 10 minutes.

Willow park/Bona valley : i don’t know why, but it has a bad name. But, i have been told by many of the locals that it’s not so bad and there are good families, who have been residing in the area for a long time.

Monksland: Although far from the athlone town center, it is a pretty self sufficient neigborhood in terms of super markets,child care and many companies around. You will surely find something in your budget here.

Thank you nithinbright.
And can you comment on some of the area at the Southern side of the Shannon: the Meadow lane, Faireland, Carnal walk please?